[Courtesy of: New York Post https://nypost.com/2019/01/11/man-accused-of-raping-12-year-old-girl-pleads-not-guilty/]
The monster accused of luring a 12-year-old girl into his car and raping her while posing as a police officer held back tears Friday morning in Bronx court.
Carlos Medina, 51, pleaded not guilty through his defense attorney in Bronx Criminal Court, where he appeared on a slew of sex charges, including rape, predatory sexual assault, criminal sex act and sex abuse.
Medina turned himself in to police Thursday afternoon and was arrested for the Jan. 4 incident, in which he raped the pre-teen several times after picking her up in his car earlier in the night, according to court papers.
Medina approached the girl in his black Toyota SUV on Elder Avenue in the Soundview around 11 p.m. He allegedly flashed a “fake” police badge, said he could help her and lured her into his car, the papers say.
He then took her to a motel, where he allegedly raped her twice and forced her to perform other criminal sex acts over the course of several hours, according to the criminal complaint.
The girl was finally able to get away from her attacker around 2:35 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 5.
When police released Medina’s photo to the media days later, he “changed his appearance” by shaving his beard, prosecutors alleged.
Medina left his shift as a postal worker, telling his employer “that he had a family emergency… after his picture was released to the press.”
Wearing a blue sweater and blue pants, Medina shook his head and appeared on the verge of tears when prosecutors asked for him to be held on $750,000. Bail was ultimately set at $300,000 bond or $100,000 cash.
Defense attorney Alexander Sanchez said his client will testify before the grand jury.
“He has no prior criminal record. He has been working for decades with the postal service. He has worked with the Department of Education,” Sanchez said about his client, whose girlfriend, brother and supervisor from work were in the courtroom during his arraignment.
“There is no type of medical evidence reported in this case. There is no type of DNA evidence reported in this case,” Sanchez added.
Medina is due back in court on Jan. 15. If convicted, on the top charge, he faces 25 years to life in prison.